06 April 2011

A welcome lull

I've had both of my 32-week appointments this week, first the growth ultrasound with the perinatologist on Tuesday, and then today with my OB, and it almost seemed like the past four weeks were some crazy warped dream. Both appointments were completely normal, as if the time bomb of threatened pre-term labor wasn't ticking somewhere in the supply cabinet. I even asked my OB about what happens next, and basically, we just proceed as normal; she'll check my cervix again next week, but since my fetal fibronectin test came back negative from last week, we've kind of gotten another reprieve. I do hope I get a good report at my appointment next Thursday, because that's two days before my shower. I've promised myself to be a very good girl this week!

At the growth ultrasound, the news of note was that, while our baby is measuring overall about 77th percentile, the thigh bone registers at 95th percentile. Nothing so odd about that, given that I can't even sit straight in a school bus anymore because my femur is too long, and DH's legs are just about as long as mine, but it's still amazing to hear. This kid is going to be one tall drink of water. What a trip it will be the day I find myself looking up at my child. I know that happened for my mom when I was about 13. I remember that, when we went to take formal portraits, the photographer had my mom stand on blocks so she would look taller than me -- such a lark!

I am actually appointment-free until next Tuesday... so hopefully I'll think of something else fun to write about here in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment