04 April 2011

Nectin nectin bo-bectin...

...Banana fana fo-fectin
Fe(tal)-fi(bro) fo-mectin
Nectin!

For some reason that rhyme came to mind when I thought about the eff-eff-en (fFN = fetal fibronectin) test just now. *shrug* Bored minds are a terrible thing to waste???

Anywaaaaay...

I had the test done last Wednesday and called my OB office this afternoon because I hadn't heard anything back. If there's one thing I have to complain about with that practice (I love everything else about them), it's the incredible lag time of getting lab results back. I hadn't expected an fFN test to be subject to the same delays, but, alas, it was. When I called today, the results hadn't even made it into my chart yet. But I got a call back from the doctor within minutes telling me...

...that the result was NEGATIVE. Halleluia! 34 weeks, here I come (I hope)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment