15 April 2011

Update: looks like April showers will bring an April baby...

The high risk doctor saw me this morning, measured the baby (estimated at about 6 pounds) and discovered that I am now 6 cm dilated and 100% effaced, so all bets are off. He wants this baby delivered. So I'm off the meds that try to stop labor, and they're watching to see how I react. The second steroid dose (to help baby's lungs mature) is due at 6:30 pm, so we're hoping to make it to that and then I'm not sure how long they will wait for my body to react before wanting to induce me. I don't have much further to go, lol, but my water hasn't broken yet. The reason they don't want this to go on any longer is because there is risk of infection with me being dilated so much for too long. I'd so much rather augment labor through natural means if I can, or at least have the option to try, but I won't get in the way of what's necessary.

Overall I'm a bit nervous but trying not to freak out about it. I know we're in really good hands, but we still could use all the good vibes and prayers for a healthy outcome for both of us that can be spared. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. All the vibes in the world are headed your way!! My MOH's daughter, was 3 weeks early and only 5 pounds and very healthy! So Gertrude has her beat and will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we're hoping, but it is reassuring to hear the stories and know that the hospital staff isn't really worried either!

    ReplyDelete