07 April 2011

So maybe I won't be total fail...

...as a mom-slash-wife.

Bed rest has some advantages. Today it gave me the chance to learn something new, or relearn something I've forgotten how to do since 7th grade.

Yesterday DH asked me if I could "be domestic" (a little joke we have, as I am a certified Undomestic Goddess -- fun book, by the way) and do him a favor while he was at work: repair his work shirt by replacing a button that had fallen off. I blinked at him a few times.

"You want me to sew on a button??? Um... okay," and I honestly said this next bit out loud, "I guess I could Google it."

Yes, I am embarrassed to admit, before an hour ago, I had no idea how to properly sew on a button. I've tried before, but they came out to be tangled messes.

And so, it was YouTube to the rescue. I followed along with the video below (after watching it several times to get the gist - it goes fast) and managed to pull off what I think will be a moderately successful button repair. Go me! And thanks ThreadBanger!

PS. There's music in the background so this video is NSFW (or mute your speakers)!

2 comments:

  1. Undomestic Goddess -- AWESOME book! :) I read it a couple of years ago and told my sister to take it on her trip down to Miami last week!

    Congrats on re-learning to sew. You really can find anything on google :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I've read most of Sophie Kinsella's books... she's great!

    ReplyDelete