08 April 2011

Can I bring my recliner to the courthouse?

Because that's what I'd need to do if they really insist on summoning me for jury duty.

Yup, I got a jury summons, for May 4. Now, don't get me wrong -- I seriously would like to be able to experience being a juror someday. It just seems that, whenever I get called, I have some reason I just can't make it (like the time I got summoned in California months after I had moved back home to Massachusetts -- slight residency issue there). This time, I have a pretty good hunch that, when my doctor's note shows up and they see that I am on bed rest for threatened pre-term labor, they probably won't want me anywhere near the jury box.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work.combating depression

    ReplyDelete