16 February 2011

Follow-up with cardiologist

Saw the cardiologist yesterday afternoon. My blood pressure was a little on the higher-than-normal side, but not overly concerning (130/88). He said that it looks like I am just experiencing side effects of my heart pumping harder to keep up with the extra blood flow, which may be aggravated by my chronic hypertension. So he increased my blood pressure medication dosage again, in the hopes that this will allow my heart to calm down a bit and not work so hard. He said too that the reason I may feel the most pounding and throbbing in my neck at night is because when lying down, my heart is not fighting gravity anymore and so the blood flow is even stronger. He also told me to make sure I drink enough water such that my urine is totally clear (this is hard to do when taking prenatals, though!)

So I'm hoping the meds adjustment will make a difference. I actually did sleep better last night and only felt a little bit of throbbing early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment