06 February 2011

Cramps? :(

For a while now, I've felt tightness in my lower abdomen at times, which seemed to correlate with sitting for "too long." The length of time varied, and might have had as much to do with the pants (and underpants) I was wearing as anything else -- if the pants cut into my belly at all, I'm sure that hastened the discomfort. Usually this tightness has gone away after moving around or shifting positions (leaning back, etc.), or both.

Well, last night, the tightness changed a bit. Instead of just tightness, I was really feeling cramps, like when I get my period. Lasted a couple of hours and didn't really let up until after I fell asleep.

I have this sheet given to me by my doctors on signs of preterm labor. One of the symptoms is:

Menstrual-Like Cramping: Cramps low or near your pelvic bone, like before or during your period. Cramping may come and go or be constant.

Ugh. I'm only experiencing this one symptom, so I'm not sure if this is normal or a warning sign. Guess it's time to call the doctor, just to be on the safe side. I have my next growth ultrasound at the perinatologist's on Tuesday, but I don't think I should wait until then. It's all fine and dandy that I've reached the viability stage of my pregnancy (24 weeks), but I do not want my baby born too soon!

By the way, I feel the baby kick and can tell s/he is getting stronger... so it's reassuring to feel those pops and punches while all this stuff is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment