24 October 2010

Six months ago today...

...DH and I got married. Saturday, April 24, 2010, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. We lucked out with beautiful weather (mid-60s and hardly a cloud in the sky). I had been incredibly stressed trying to get everything ready, but when I woke up the morning of, it was like none of that mattered (well, okay, maybe not right when I woke up, as I still had to finish composing the Prayers of the Faithful, but as soon as that was done I was able to relax). I put it all aside in my head and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It really was the perfect day.

Originally when I thought of our six-month anniversary, I imagined either going out for a nice dinner, or better yet, cooking a delicious meal and laying it all out on our new china and crystal. One of these things may still happen, but my morning sickness is persuading me toward take-out. We could still use the good plates and glasses, though.

And if we don't go out, then maybe we might go through our photographer's pictures, and start trying to figure out which ones we'd want in an album. For now, since DH is still sleeping, I'll content myself with looking at the slideshow our photographer put together for us. Have a look too, if you'd like. The background music is our First Dance song, "Ice Cream" by Sarah McLachlan (DH proposed to me by carving "Will you marry me" in a tub of Friendly's Vienna Mocha Chip).

No comments:

Post a Comment