16 October 2010

Bass Ackwards

I think whichever of God's minions is in control of my morning sickness, he or she either slept through most of their training, or else has a sick sense of humor (no pun intended). I get it that morning sickness can happen at any time of day, so it's no big surprise that my morning sickness is actually more of an afternoon and evening deal. But I'd heard that eating is supposed to help, and I even read once that maybe one of morning sickness' purposes is to steer a mother clear of unhealthy foods.

Which is why I don't get why I feel worse after eating lunch, and even worse after dinner. Or why I had no trouble after gingerly snarfing a Whopper Jr., small fries and a small Sprite, but felt all kinds of gassy indigestion after eating yogurt, an apple, and a granola bar. Shouldn't I be reeling after ingesting all the greasy fast food, rather than the low fat healthy snacks?

I'm sure veteran mommies out there are probably smiling knowingly, or else outright pointing and laughing at my noobishness. Eventually, I'll learn. I'm lucky that the smell of food doesn't repulse me. I like eating. It's just that eating doesn't seem to like me.

Is it naptime? Yes, I think it is.

Coming up next: Ultrasound at first appointment on Monday morning... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment