21 September 2010

Whoa.

So... yesterday* I was 10 dpo, and had woken up feeling crampy (and also the day before), my abdomen was feeling kind of tight and my BBs a little on the sore side (but less sore than the day before). So all day I'm thinking to myself, "ahhh... just another one of these new PMS symptoms. ho hum" (every cycle it seems something "different" happens, I get my hopes up, and... nada).

Anyway, I figured, as I can feel myself getting anxious, let me go home and pee and get this BFN over with... should cure my urge to POAS until AF shows up.

So I PIAC (pee in a cup), dip my Dollar Tree test, and I get...

...a BFP!!! What?!? No way!

So, I go get the First Response test I have kept hidden away... dip... and...

...another BFP!!! The lines are both really there, no squinting!

And just to be sure it wasn't a dream, I used a CBE digital this morning,* and it came up "Pregnant" pretty much right away. I'm so giddy and beside myself, it's like when DH asked me to marry him... I was running around in circles last night before DH got home... couldn't think straight!

DH and I kinda feel like this right now:


*Disclaimer: I have a confession to make: by "yesterday" I actually mean last Wednesday, September 15 (and "this morning" was Thursday the 16th). I posted what I wrote above on the TTC after 35 board, my usual stomping ground on The Bump. Since then, my week (and weekend) has been pretty much non-stop (work-wise and home-wise), and I've been meaning to get back on here and do a proper "announcement." And now that I'm sitting down to type, six days later, I'm at a loss for how to write a new announcement that sounds as fresh and immediate as that one had been. So I apologize being so slow to post this update, and for the cutting and pasting it. But now that the cat is out of the bag,** I promise to keep this blog up to date!

**Please note: [Yes, this is footnote within a footnote... think "Inception" minus most of the mental gymnastics] Well... in truth the cat is only partially out of the bag. DH and I are still in the process of telling our immediate family, and we won't make a public announcement to friends and coworkers for a few weeks yet. So if you're friends with me on Facebook, please please PLEASE keep this under wraps - thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!! I almost feel like an Aunt...I'm seriously that happy!!! When one life ends, another must begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Auntie Mel!!! :D As I mentioned on the April board, it's pretty surreal right now... but I am beyond excited! I do feel like Grandma has been looking out for us... :)

    ReplyDelete