28 August 2010

Kitchen 'speriment #1: Green tea fail

Okay, so here's what I mean about being over-whatever --- over-anxious, over-zealous, over-analytical --- or, in this particular instance, over-DISTRACTED. I've just come back from doing laundry (we're in an apartment, so laundry is down three flights, out the door and around to the basement on the other side of the building) and I notice that it seems really hot in the apartment when I get back. Now, it's a GORGEOUS day outside, and while I only have one little fan on, I'm thinking the air outside should be cross-ventilating through.

I start hanging up hubby's and my long-sleeved shirts and when I get back to the living room I sniff and think, wow, they're really cooking up a storm downstairs. But then I think, hey, that's a really strong smell, and it's a burning smell. Wha-ha? It takes me a few passes through the apartment, but then I go in the kitchen and @#$!%* --- the front burner in on full blast, baking a pot* that used to have boiling water in it... oh, about an hour ago. I'd put water on to boil for some green tea when I came back from putting the clothes in the dryer (or was it the washer??)...

*Yeah, I have a tea kettle, but it's broken. Has some rust issues, and I'd prefer to get my iron dosages elsewhere, so until it's replaced, the tea gets boiled in a pot.

Anyway, now I've got to wait until the pot cools down so I can wash it. No green tea for me today, 'cos I'll take my prenatal vitamin at bedtime. Well, I might stay up past midnight, so I could still manage to pull it off.

See, I was thinking of drinking green tea this cycle, to see if it would help with CM (cervical mucus) production. But green tea inhibits the absorption of folic acid, so you don't want to drink green tea within four hours of taking folic acid supplements, or prenatal vitamins containing it. I've had a hard time coordinating drinking green tea with my vitamin schedule, since I take a 3-times-a-day supplement. But then I finished the bottle and got a one-a-day version, and just started them today. But I'm still not timing things right. It's silliness, and I get frustrated with myself for being silly and for, well, being me, sometimes. This wasn't supposed to be complicated. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment