11 December 2010

Sorry to be MIA

I suppose there's something to be said that "no news is good news." I've not posted because I haven't really had any updates, and have been tired enough that I couldn't think of anything witty to post.

On Monday I go for my 16-week OB appointment, so I'm looking forward to that... especially to have a chance to hear baby's heartbeat again, and know everything's still okay. I have no reason to think otherwise (symptoms continue, somewhat muted, but not completely abated --- come on, when's this Second Trimester Honeymoon gonna start?! --- and my belly, while not getting all that much bigger, is definitely changing shape and firming up), but well, I've got the kind of personality that looks for things to worry about. I cannot wait for the baby to start making his/her presence known in a palpable way... I don't need a Gostkowski (or Vinatieri) field goal attempt, but a punt or two every now and then from my future Patriots kicker would be reassuring.

And before you get all Nancy Drew and go "Team Blue!" on me... NO, I have NOT A CLUE whether the avocado-sized possibly future athlete I'm carrying is a girl-type baby or a boy-type baby... they'll be drafting women to the NFL by 2032, won't they? Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

While I have no strong wish for my child to be a professional athlete (unless that's what the babe wants), it is pretty neat to think about what this child will end up deciding to be when she/he grows up. It's easy to forget sometimes, when you're focused on the here and now and soon-to-be, that this is a whole new life waiting to happen. Cool!

Yikes! I think I'll go back to worrying about whether there's a heartbeat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment